I have found a new love in my baking skills and after having carrot cake at the movie theater this past weekend, I thought that I could definitely bake my own. Pinterest is completely addicting and after some review I finally found the perfect receipt for carrot cake, I choose recipes based of time and ability. I am not professionally trained but I love cooking so it’s always really fun for me to try things out and have my fiancé taste them for me.
Fact – I rarely try my own cooking because I am very critical of everything, so if I find fault in something I always feel necessary to throw it away. Bryan, my fiancé, often tells me I’m crazy for not trying out my own food, because he thinks I am a great cook.
This carrot cake I tried for myself and it was absolutely delicious, it was extremely moist and when I brought it to our Memorial Day party it was gone within minutes. People were having seconds and I barely even had a chance to taste it, but when I did, I knew I did a great job.
Carrot Cake Ingredients
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1½ Cups Sugar
- 1 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1 tsp of Baking Soda
- 1 tsp of Salt
- 1 tsp of Cinnamon
- 3 Cups of Grated Carrots – 4 Large Carrots Peeled and Grated through a Cheese Grater
- 1 Cup of Vegetable Oil
- 4 Eggs
- Set the oven at 325 Degrees F
- Sift the dry ingredients together
- Incorporate grated carrots, oil and eggs *Do not worry if the mixture looks too wet, you’re doing just fine.
- Pour into your favorite baking dish.
- Set your timer at 50 Minutes, depending on the size of your baking dish and the heat of your oven, you’ll be able to determine whether or not you need to keep it in 10-15 minutes more. I still use toothpicks to determine whether or not the cake is ready.
- Once your cake has cooled decorate it as you please, I whipped up some good ole cream cheese frosting
It did take 15 extra minutes to bake my cake, but like I said it can be your oven or baking ware not retaining enough heat.
Cream Cheese Ingredients
- 1 Brick of Cream Cheese
- ¼ Cup of Butter – Room Temperature
- 1½ tsp of Vanilla
- 2 Cups of Confectioner’s Sugar
Cream Cheese Frosting Instructions
- With your electric beaters, beat together cream cheese and butter until well blended.
- Adding your confectioners sugar half a cup at a time, you don’t want clumps, increase rate if it gets clumpy or use spatula to even it out
- Add 1 ½ tsp of vanilla and blend again
VIOLA you’re all done. I hope you get to try this recipe out for yourself and let me know what you think.